Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

China.

Name: Thomas Standemo
Location: Hong Kong
   When living overseas, school was rigorous and my down time was always playing sports (I am going to talk mainly about Hong Kong). Either playing pick up games in basketball with my friends or down at some parks with the locals. We would always eat at home (someone prepared the meals for our family. She was from Indonesia and her salary we gave her was probably quadruple what she was get in her native country). We would shop in the villages or markets (way cheaper than the city). We would hang out near the school because it gave us an opportunity to play basketball. On the weekends everyone would go down to a beach front where the usual teenage high schooler would get up to no good. (Drinking age is 18 in HK). Then if you were daring you could head into Central (main part of HK) and go to clubs (again not hard to get into). As for reading....hahaha I have no idea. I personally like to read a lot of biographies but I know a lot of guys my age and they would say that they don't enjoy reading. International schools are cool because they are like a melting pot of different cultures and you get to meet a lot of great people.

No comments:

Post a Comment